1. Request a book they would like from the library instead of just grabbing one that is available. Mine are enjoying the Boxcar Children (wanting them in order), and anything by Kelly DiPucchio.
2. Put a bouquet of flowers on their nightstand while they are sleeping. They also seem to like arrangements of pinecones, rocks, and sticks.
3. Arrange a scene at their breakfast table with their stuffed animals and dolls. Maybe they are having breakfast together or just coloring.
4. Take down a photo album or scrapbook with pictures of them and look at it together.
5. Do a read aloud story time with them in addition to their bedtime story. I pick a book that I actually enjoy, and read a chapter at a time.