There were some frugal misses this week, but some successes too.
- Made a batch of my favorite soap recipe using half mango and half peach fragrance because I had a little of each to use up
- Switched to Kirkland brand laundry detergent. I had been using Tide Pods for the super practical reason of thinking they looked good on the shelf in a clear container. I realized my laundry room is not beautiful, and went for the big orange jug.Oh wait my laundry room looks like this:
- We stayed home through a very rainy weekend that felt boring. But we persevered!
- But then… I spent $200 ordering berry plants from Gurney’s, and then since my pepper seeds seem to have at last croaked, I ordered more of those, AND giant jalapeño seeds that intrigued me, AND early girl tomato seeds since I’ve never grown them before, AND a new seed starting set up. All of this is okay, but AFTER I ordered I read dozens of very poor reviews of the company.
- Kept the fire going all week and the heat didn’t kick on once.
Winter is hard.