Here is a recipe we love:
Raspberry Linzer cookies
-1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
-1 cup plus 2 T. butter
-1 egg yolk
-1/2 tsp salt
-2 tsp vanilla
-2 3/4 cups flour
-raspberry jam for filling
-powdered sugar for dusting
- Blend butter, egg yolk, sugar, salt, and vanilla with electric mixer until smooth
- Add the flour. If mixture is too dry and crumbly add a tiny bit of water until it comes together
- Divide dough in half, shape into flattened disk, and put in fridge 2 hours.
- Remove dough from fridge. Let it sit at room temp until slightly softened, then roll out on well floured surface, with floured rolling pin.
- Cut out bases and tops (make sure you have the same number of each!)
- Place on parchment lined baking sheets, bake at 350 for 12-13 minutes. Cool right on the pan.
- Shake powdered sugar on the cut out tops once they are cool.
- Spread jam on the bottom cookie. Place sugared cut out on top.